Nettex Summer Freedom Itch Stop Salve
Nettex Itch Stop Salve / Summer Freedom repels midges with up to one application per week. Soothes, sanitises and assists hair and skin regrowth.
Nettex Itch Stop Salve / Summer Freedom is an advanced salve which helps repel and protect against insects and biting flies. This patented formulation is used successfully in over 20 countries worldwide every year.
- Preventative strategies are the key to itch control.
- Use early in the year before the season starts with a once weekly application.
- Soothes, sanitises and disinfects existing sores helping to break the itch, scratch and rub cycle.
- Repels against new bites and supports hair regrowth.
- Weather resistant, simple to apply and will not matt the horse’s hair.
- 600ml tub can last for up to 6 to 8 weeks.
- Can be applied around sensitive areas such as eyes, ears, sheath and teats.
Made in the UK.
Directions for use
- Apply directly to any area that has been affected or prone to attack using a clean sponge, ensuring sensitive areas are not missed e.g. around eyes, nose, muzzle and dock avoiding mucous membranes.
- In most cases one application a week is sufficient. In severe cases if the itch, rub, scratch cycle has started it may need to be applied more regularly.
- For best results prewash with Nettex Everyday Shampoo before applying to remove any grease, dirt or debris and sanitise the skin.
- Repeat application after heavy rainfall, bathing or heavy sweating. Do not use under saddlery areas or fly rugs as may cause irritation from sweating.
- For maximum results apply as early as February to prevent midge attacks taking hold. The mane, tail and rump areas are most prone to attack.
Key ingredients: NN- Diethyl-M-Tolumide 2.45%, Margosa extract 2.0%, Eucalyptus citriodora, hydrated, cyclized 0.64%
- For best results, prewash with Nettex Everyday Shampoo to thoroughly cleanse the area before application then every 10 -14 days to remove build-up of dirt and debris.
- Nettex Itch Stop Salve / Summer Freedom is the ideal addition to your midge avoidance strategy. Not only does it have soothing and repellent properties it also acts as a barrier that midges aren’t able to bite through.
- Preventative strategies are the key to itch control. For best results start your itch control strategy as early as February to prevent midge attacks taking hold.
Click here for more information on our Click & Collect Service
Please note: We are currently unable to process any orders for delivery
We are only processing orders for Collect @ Store Only
You can return your item by post or bring it in store, please see below for the different methods.
Returning an item by post:
If you are unhappy with the goods received we will refund your order if it is sent back in new, resaleable condition within 21 working days of receipt. If we find that the product has not been returned to us in a fully resalable condition, we reserve the right to refuse a refund on an item, or deduct at least £10 or 50% of the original selling price from the refund amount, whichever is higher.
In the interest of providing a swift and seamless experience for our customers we can no longer accept items back for exchange. Instead, you will need to return your original order to us for a refund, and place a new order for the item you require on our website.
Please contact us first if your item is faulty as is some cases we may be able to resolve the issue without the need for returning the item
We suggest for your own protection you use 1st class registered post or a tracked delivery service from a courier so your return can be tracked in transit. Any refunds will be issued once we have received the goods, in the original condition within a maximum of 30 days. This refund only includes the total of goods sent not the delivery charge unless the item is returned within 14 days of delivery. Unless an error has been made on our part the customer will be liable for the cost of the return postage.
We will not charge a restocking fee for returned items.
Any goods with manufacturing faults on arrival will be replaced or refunded, we will cover return postage costs if a mistake has been made on our part, or your item is defective.
This does not affect your statutory rights.
Returning an item in-store:
You are free to return your item to us personally within 21 days if it is in a new, resaleable condition. Please return it with your paperwork and our staff can immediately issue an exchange for the item in a different size or colour or for a completely different item or issue a credit note. As our online and instore payment systems are not linked we will not be able to make a refund immediately. If you wish to receive a refund we ask you leave the item with us and we will process it within 7 days back to the original payment method.
Cancelling an order
You must inform us in writing, or in another durable medium, if you wish to cancel. This includes letter or email. A phone call is not acceptable. Please contact us as soon as possible to inform us that you wish to cancel you order, by e-mailing us using our contact us form. We regret that we cannot accept a cancellation after the 14 day notification period has expired.